Privacy rights in Cape Verde
Privacy rights in Cape Verde are guaranteed by the constitution from 1980 with a revision in 1992.
Right to Privacy in Cape Verde
TITLE II CHAPTER I ARTICLE 38
1. The right to personal identity, to civil rights, to a name, honor, and reputation, and to personal and family privacy shall be guaranteed.
TITLE II CHAPTER I ARTICLE 4 1INVIOLABILITY OF CORRESPONDENCE AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Privacy of correspondence and telecommunication shall be guaranteed except in cases in which, by judicial decision rendered in accordance with the law in a criminal trial, interference with correspondence and telecommunication shall be permitted to public authorities.
TITLE II CHAPTER I ARTICLE 42 UTILIZATION OF COMPUTER RECORDS
1. Utilization of computer records and individual data regarding political, philosophical, or ideological convictions, religious faith, party or union affiliation, and private life shall be prohibited.
2. The law shall regulate the protection of personal computer data, conditions of access to databases, and utilization by public and private authorities of these databases and computers.
3. No one shall have access to archives, files, computer records, or databases to find out personal data regarding a third party, nor transfer personal data from one computer file to another belonging to various services or institutions except in cases provided by law or judicial decision.
4. There shall, in no case, be a national identification number for citizens.