Privacy rights in Kyrgyzstan
Privacy rights in Kyrgyzstan are guaranteed by the constitution from 2010.
Right to Privacy in Kyrgyzstan
1. Everyone shall have the right to inviolability of one's private life and the and protection of honor and dignity.
2. Everyone shall have the right to secrecy of correspondence, telephone and other conversations, postal, telegraphic, electronic and other communications. The limitation of these rights is allowed only in accordance with law and solely on the basis of a court order.
3. Collection, storage, use and dissemination of confidential information as well as information on private life of a person without his/her consent shall not be allowed except for cases envisaged in the law.
4. Everyone shall be guaranteed protection, including judicial defense, from illegal collection, storage and dissemination of confidential information and information on private life of a person; the right for the compensation of material and moral damage caused by illegal action shall be guaranteed.
1. Everyone shall have the right of the inviolability of housing as well as other objects to which he/she has proprietary or other right. No one may penetrate housing or other objects against the will of a person who uses them.
2. Searches, seizures, inspections and performing other actions as well as penetration of public agents in housing or other objects owned or otherwise possessed shall be allowed only on the basis of a court order.
3. In cases envisaged by law, search, seizure, inspection and other actions as well as penetration of public agents in housing and other objects owned or otherwise possessed shall be allowed without court order. The legality and relevance of such actions shall be subject to judicial scrutiny.
4. Guarantees and limitations envisaged in this article shall be also applicable to legal entities.