Privacy rights in Moldova
Privacy rights in Moldova are guaranteed by the constitution from 1994 with a revision in 2006.
Right to Privacy in Moldova
CHAPTER II ARTICLE 28 INTIMATE, FAMILY AND PRIVATE LIFE
The State shall respect and protect the intimate, family and private life.
CHAPTER II ARTICLE 29 INVIOLABILITY OF DOMICILE
1. The domicile and place of residence shall be inviolable. No one may enter or remain within the premises of a person's domicile or place of residence without his/her consent.
2. The law shall allow the derogation from the provisions of paragraph (1) under the following circumstances:
a.for carrying into effect of an arrest warrant or a court sentence;
b.for forestalling of an imminent danger threatening a person's life, physical integrity and belongings;
c.for preventing the spreading of an epidemic disease.
3. Searches and investigations on the spot shall be ordered and carried out only under the terms of law.
4. House searches at night shall be forbidden except for the cases of a flagrant misdemeanour.
CHAPTER II ARTICLE 30PRIVACY OF CORRESPONDENCE
1. The State shall ensure the privacy of letters, telegrams and other postal despatches, as well as of telephone calls and other legal means of communication.
2. The law shall allow the derogation from the provisions of paragraph (1) in cases the latter is required in the interests of national security, state economic welfare, public order and offence prevention.